Google Translate

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Corpus Christi


Last night as I attended our Lord during my hour of Adoration I was thinking about the upcoming Feast of Corpus Christi. At my parish we will be celebrating First Communion as well. I prayed then, as I continue to do, that our children and all of us would allow the Real Presence of Christ to be revealed in our lives. May Christ Jesus, God with us, break through our world-dulled senses and awaken in each of us a living recognition of the Body & Blood of Christ. May our ears be opened to hear Jesus speaking, equally as present in God's Word.
I was reminded of dynamic faith of St. Francis of Assisi. He wrote:

"And let all of us firmly realize that no one can be saved except through the holy words and the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ"
St. Francis, Letter to the Faithful


No comments: